1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket Backup Camera Recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Kady, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Kady

Kady New Member

Has anyone had any luck and can recommend an aftermarket backup camera system? Aesthetically, it doesn't have to be the prettiest, but just to work the best. A few weeks ago, (maybe months) my boyfriend had the dually, and was using a neighbors driveway to turn around in our very narrow street. (The dually is the length of the street from curb to curb parked perpendicularly.) Well, he backed into a neighbors fence and put a huge dent in the tailgate, and I'm not happy about it. Especially since all my neighbors thought that I did it. The dually has a back up beeper that beeps when you're approaching an object, but I guess the fence was in between where the sensors could detect it... So, kinda as a gag gift, i want to put a backup camera on the dually. And, I want to prevent him from doing it again and it would also be useful when plowing...

When I was in Autozone yesterday, near the register was a system that was 80 bucks, but I'm skeptical, since its from Autozone. I want something that will work well in all weather conditions, and won't break in the first snow storm.... Any help is appreciated.