1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

aftermarket exhaust kits

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by my65coupe, Sep 7, 2013.

1. my65coupe

my65coupe New Member

was thinking of putting on a aftermarket dual exhaust kit on my 01 silverado
    found a few kits on auction site for low price all look good (material wise)
    cant choose between flowmaster super 44 and magnaflow their is also a muffler from full boar
    looking for that deep rumble but dont want to be drowned out in cab.
    anyone ever heard/used full boar mufflers
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Never heard of Full Boar, I have Magnaflow on my 2011 Silverado and 2008 HHR, and Flowmaster Super 44's on a couple other vehicles.
    Flowmasters are loud from 1/4 throttle all the way to full. Magnaflow is 1/2 throttle before it makes noise.
    at 3/4 to full they both sound about the same. Ive had slight droning issues with the Flowmasters, but turn the radio up and no more drone.
  3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

Look into a Corsa Db System I think you will be happy..
  4. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Cat-back dual exhaust with a glass pack at a 45 degree angle...sounds amazing!
  5. JimmyA

JimmyA Member

Super44 dumped over the rear axle sounds good on mine! I feel the rumble and hear the rumble! I wouldn't do any more to mine as I have, Best Bang for the Buck! JMHO
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

They all Have a loud sound But guys did you read his post???? He does NOT want the sound in the cab As I said above Look into Corsa like the Db system..
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

Well then...cut out factory muffler and throw in a flowmaster muffler...simple
  8. Kapelusprime

Kapelusprime New Member

I just took the plunge on a Magnaflow kit and from all I've read and the dealer tech on this page and my local shop the only three that don't drone in the cab is Magnaflow, Corsa and Borla. Many have stainless steel options but I've just read too many reviews about Flowmaster, Gibson and Dynomax having terrible in cab drone at idle or on the highway. I also have a programmer to make use of the increased flow rate.

Watch this video, yes they are funny and Aussie but they aren't the only ones to bust this myth with a Dyno. I've witnessed it at my brothers shop on their Dyno.

http://youtu.be/gCi2yo4UqPI

This video is similar and the same result, note: the exhaust kit is made buy one of the best race shops in the world and the pipes do NOTHING without a tune. I have seen this bust first hand as well when My brother and I invite a mutual friend who just spent big bucks on a true duel kit and a cross over "H" pipe and gained.......you guessed it.
    http://youtu.be/zbmG2YiyqSk

I know a lot of guys get crazy especially when you bust the bull advertising on the box or web site after someone pays $800 plus but the Dyno don't lie. It doesn't have a vested interest in selling you expensive go fast bolt on goodies most have no way of knowing if they really are getting a bang for their buck other than it makes more noise. These vehicles are all different but the operation and guidelines are the same. Your trucks computer deals with many different variants every day, not to mention from season to season. Your computer is FACTORY tuned. It's tune will continuously attempt to maintain parameters. No matter how much you give it the tools to breath with, it won't take that breath unless told to do so. If this doesn't sink it home, these guys were threatened by K&N with a law suit for showing their product on this video. Finally, if you read their blog they do say that with high flow or "performance" parts and a tune they do get better results than stock with parts and a tune. But without the tune, it's just a lot of high priced window stickers.
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2013
  9. darnie1987

darnie1987 New Member

if you want sound flow masters are the way to go. if you want a good sounding exhaust and want the pest performance get a magnaflow. and or borla but borla are pricey
  10. stchman

stchman New Member 1000 Posts

On my old 2008 Silverado I had an entire catback dual exhaust system put on for $420. A lot of sites wanted $300 or more just for the exhaust kit.