Aftermarket Exhaust Without Drone / Resonance

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by MAsZ71, Oct 20, 2009.

1. MAsZ71

MAsZ71 Rockstar 100 Posts

I recently purchased my '07 NBS Silverado crew cab 5.3 litre. It is bone stock. I have GRAND PLANS to upgrade and modify!! One of my first projects will be to upgrade the CAI and Exhaust, and then tune. The one thing that I don't want to do is repeat the problem that I had with my previous Hummer H3. I installed a Magnaflow catback system. The quality, fitment AND price were excellent. The drone / resonance inside the cabin was horrible especially at low RPMs. I searched a little and found some information, but I thought it would be a good idea to start a new post and generate some discussion about the various systems and how they rate as far as in-cabin noise. I'm sure ALL of the systems sound great outside the truck, but are you satified with the interior sound?

Thanks in advance for your input!! :great:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My magnaflow was the same way for my beast, it rotted off in only three years so when i got new exhaust i went with a flo-pro muffler and love it. Better seat of the pants feel, no drone and a way better sound, and half the price!!!!

3. mainec

mainec Rockstar

Here is my Super 40 Series Cat-back Dual Exhaust.

Idle with Rev

[​IMG]

Start up
    [​IMG]

4. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I had a flowmaster i had it switched out for a flo-pro its great sounds good outside quiet inside

5. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

6. MAsZ71

You told me about the Corsas on the Black Truck Picture thread. It is definately high on my list. Thanks for the info!!! :great:

7. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Oh yea! Lol i like to promote the products i use because i like to support the company and bring them business!

8. MAsZ71

You do an excellent job!!!!:sign0173:

9. MAsZ71

I had Borla exhaust on a C5 Corvette. Nice quality system. Anyone here have a Borla system on their truck?

I also had a B&B Exhaust (Billy Boat) on a different Corvette. How about their truck version?

10. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've commented on this a few times already, I've had 2 Gibson systems and in both applications (5.7L and 5.3L) there was no cabin drone at cruising speed. They have a nice rumble at acceleration and at wide open throttle it roars!