1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket Fuel Pressure Regular

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Silverado Junkie, Feb 19, 2010.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Are aftermarket fuel pressure regulators worth the price to get more fuel into the motor? If not, how else could i increase fuel flow to the motor?

2. Chad01

Chad01 Member

I really don't think an adjustable fuel regulator would be worth the money. But, if you plan on getting performance injectors and supercharging it in the future, then it wouldn't hurt. But unless you'r throwing more air in there, then you don't need more fuel.

3. Silverado Junkie

So since i am throwing more air in there(short ram intake), would i notice a difference by pumping extra fuel in there with the extra air?

4. DuneChasin

DuneChasin New Member

im curious about this to. i put a tbi spacer on my 4.8 recently and its trowing codes for lean mix. i like the little kick it gives so im trying to figure out should i boost fuel pressure ( and if so what the best way) or would getting me a tuner fix the problem with the code?

thanks in advance

5. Silverado Junkie

Well yours is much newer than mine and a programer or custom tune would help you but for me, i'd have to get the new fuel pressure regulator.