1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket grille for '01 to complete look?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by pedrothelion, Aug 14, 2012.

1. pedrothelion

pedrothelion New Member

Hi everyone,

My brother and I have helped my dad get a couple of new things to freshen up his '01 Suburban (Escalade wheels and new tail lights) and now we're on the hunt for a new grille/headlights. Attached are pics of the truck and my top choice for the one to buy... has anybody seen pictures of them installed, and did they look good? Or do you guys have recommendations for another combination that might finish the look? Thank you,

Pedro

Attached Files:

2. oldmanstruck

oldmanstruck New Member

your 1st pic already show how it's going to look like :)
    noticed you have the tail light changed as well.
    Looks good
  3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 New Member 100 Posts

Please do not buy that grille and that headlight setup, it would look horrible and out of place.

IMO get clear corners, maybe upgrade the headlights, billet or colormatched bowtie, and probably a billet grille insert and call it done
  4. My4xburbanrocks

My4xburbanrocks New Member

Yeah, I'm just not feeling the headlights and the grill is okay but I wouldn't do it.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Sorry that grill set up Does NOT look all that great.. My 2nd Tahoe was Pewter also What would look sweet is Paint the Chrome the color of the truck and get a Good Billet grill for the middle.. That will give it a nice Clean Mono look..
  6. Blazer454

Blazer454 New Member

i agree with that you should not go with that grille and headlights. my dad's 04 suburban has billet inserts and a chrome bowtie and it looks perfect. I can try to get a pic of his to show you how it looks