1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket head unit swap

Discussion in 'How-to Guides' started by 5speedsilverado, Jun 15, 2009.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. 5speedsilverado

oh here is what im starting with

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Even though I am not a stereo person, I can't wait to see this write-up because I have always wondered what was involved in doing one. I actually NEED a replacement stereo in my S-10, because it is starting to die and 75% of my speakers are shot and it's just shot period. I hope you have room for the 6 disc changer in that dash, if it's the kind that goes behind the head unit then you are going to have some fun with the HVAC system. :great:

4. 5speedsilverado

im planning to mount the changer under the driver or passenger seat, it even comes with 16' of cable, so i should be good:great:

5. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 Rockstar 100 Posts

Cant wait to see this write up ... I have always wondered about installing a head unit

6. 5speedsilverado

thanks, i cant wait for the head unit:glasses:

i will be sure to include alot of pictures

7. 5speedsilverado

i just checked the ups tracking thing (i ordered standard shipping, isn't that supposed to be usps?) and it is in HODGKINS, IL, so i looked it up on google maps and entered from their to my house and it said it should take 1 day and 2 hours. i wish that was true...

8. Crakums_GT

Crakums_GT Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Can't wait to see this write up. Are you getting all the bells and whistles like satellite raiod and ipod connector? I have my ipod connector in my glove comp. so I can keep my extra ipod in there. Currently have to pull head unit out to reseat the satellite radio wires though. It stopped working for some reason. Good luck.

-Greg

9. 5speedsilverado

the reciver has a built in usb port, so i plug an ipod cable into the usb port, and the head unit will control the ipod, i dont even own an ipod:lol: and i dont plan on installing satalite radio just yet

10. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 Rockstar 100 Posts

Just hope when its being sorted at that place it doesnt go in the wrong pile..

It happened to me before once... I was tracking my package and it was in LA and it was suppose to arrive next day, it never did. I go to track it and its in Nebraska because it got put on wrong truck or something. :lol: