1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket High flow cats/headers???

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by blacksilverado14, Jul 18, 2011.

Random Gallery Photos

1. blacksilverado14

blacksilverado14 New Member

I have the 08 with a 5.3, k and n intake, throttle body spacer, flowmaster cat back. I am thinking about headers and high flow cats...this is a big investment, would this be recommended? also there is a little over a year left on the warranty would this void it? thanks!
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

The Headers would help, but replacing the Factory Cats with Aftermarket High Flow Cats......would give you no Benefits, the Factory Cats on the Late Model Trucks Flow Much better than most think they Do.....save you money and invest in a Tune either Handheld or Custom.
  3. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

X2 on what Mike said and drop the throttle body spacer.
  4. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member 100 Posts

X2 on Heartbeat comment.
    I would check with you local service dept before making any changes to your truck, especially your engine/trans . They will let you know what their going to do with your warranty. I know legally they cant hold you at fault for aftermarket parts ( as long its not the cause of the warranty issue) but its rarely worth the legal battle.