Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket High Flow Cats vs OE Cats... same performance HUh?

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by sstoner911, Apr 5, 2011.

1. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I inquired today about high flow cats for my truck today and the first shop wanted $300 installed for Magnaflow I believe...

Then I called a shop recommended to me by a co-worker -

I asked what they run and he said " I wouldnt take your money." Then explained that the stock cats are just as efficient as the aftermarket.

So it looks like I have $300 bucks to put else where huh?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I have heard the same thing over and over.. Save your money unless they are clogged.. The factory ones are 3 in and very open..

3. IPFK83

IPFK83 Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

I have also been told this too but I bought mine anyways b/c I had to redo the entire exhaust system so I figured why not.

4. sstoner911

sstoner911 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

One less mod to worry about I guess :)

5. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

The factory cats are highflow. I went with 1/4" larger diameter cats and "Y" pipe. It made a differance. It complimented the headers and cat-back.

6. clgoch187

clgoch187 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

stock cats ARE high flow cats..... as long as they are in good condition there is no reason to replace them.