1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket radio install in 2007 Silverado new body style

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by und_sioux, Apr 29, 2009.

1. und_sioux

und_sioux New Member

I am having issues finding a switched power wire to install my in-dash dvd player without purchasing a $130 wiring harness. I would like to just tap a switched ignition wire, but have spent the past 2 days looking with no luck!

Anyone know where in the truck I can find it? There is not a bose system in the truck.

Thanks!
  2. 5speedsilverado

5speedsilverado Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

umm i wouldn't cut the wiring harness, their are alot of wires their that control alot of things. like i know that the air bags on my truck are controlled through that wiring harness and the door chimes
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2009
  3. und_sioux

und_sioux New Member

I found a wiring harness that doesnt have the adapter box and just wires in the radio, but it doesnt have a spot for the switched ignition power wire that aftermarket radio decks need.
  4. SoundZman

SoundZman Rockstar 100 Posts

Hopefully this helps you out a little. Not too sure what to do what that extra wire, I'll look into it and see what I can come up with.

Radio 12v red/white + radio harness
    Radio Ground black - radio harness
    Radio Ignition (GMLAN Serial Data)
    Radio Illumination yellow (dimmer) + radio harness
    Factory Amp Turn-on same as power antenna wire
    Power Antenna white + radio harness
    LF Speaker +/- tan - gray +,- radio harness or amplifier
    Notes: If equipped, the amplifier is under the rear of the center console.

At the amplifier, the left subwoofer wires are dk. blue/white (+) - lt. green/black (-). The right subwoofer wires are dk. green (+) - lt. blue/black (-).
    RF Speaker +/- lt. green - dk. green +,- radio harness or amplifier
    LR Speaker +/- brown - yellow +,- radio harness or amplifier
    RR Speaker +/- dk. blue - lt. blue +,- radio harness or amplifier