aftermarket speakers?

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by robertlem, Sep 23, 2008.

1. robertlem

robertlem New Member

I am looking into replacing my factory speakers in my 99 silverado 3 door ext cab. I am not having any problems with the door speakers but I am wondering if anyone has ut any bigger speakers in the rear in place of the little 4 x 6 speakers. I don't have a problem cutting some of the metal out to fit bigger speakers in but I am wondering how big can I go.

2. catbert

catbert Rockstar

You don't have to get bigger speakers to get better sound. The OEMs are pretty cheap, and you can get a better quality sound from better speakers - even the same size. Then you don't have to mess with mounting bigger units.

3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

with a mounting plate you can get 5 1/4 speakers in there I am sure, I have those in my 4x10 holes in my burban, just depens on how much room is behind the actual plastic panel that covers the speaker

4. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A good set of speakers in a 4x6 size would be fine but if you want to mod I'd probly go 5 1/4. Maybe some nice bostons ( my favorite for the price)