Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket steering wheel, anybody have them? Pictures? 2000 K2500

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by carmantx, Feb 11, 2012.

1. carmantx

carmantx Member

Steering wheels is torn up on my new 2000 K2500 and I am looking at options. No air bag.

2. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

3. carmantx

carmantx Member

Yea, that is in a Camaro.
    I have that big box column coming up to the wheel. I can't find an adapter or wheel for this truck. Except a stock gm type replacement for $600.

Are there any options?

Seems like this OBS truck is like building my buick race cars. Can't just go find parts.

4. Untouchable

Untouchable Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Oops lol. I was just looking at it through Google Images haha. Are you looking for an adapter that tapers down to the new steering wheel?

5. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

They don't make aftermarket wheels for vehicles that originally have airbags. Federal law.
    If you pull off all the plastic shroud stuff and some other parts you might get down to a hub in there someplace that will take a universal wheel adapter.

Once you get there, Grant makes hundreds of styles of wheel that will fit the universal adapter.

---------- Post added at 07:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

I'd just as soon delete my airbag to, but...

If one day I happen to find the steering wheel shoved up where my brainstem used to be, the insurance company is only gonna give my survivors "Oh, so sorry".

6. carmantx

carmantx Member

So, would this truck have had an airbag originally? Steering wheel is chevy, but has the pull off horn button. No place for passenger air bag.

I pulled this wheel off to move it this week, and it is just a regular shaft underneath.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Dana W

That's pretty strange. That is an airbag steering wheel. It's a 2000 with no bag under there? Driver side Airbags have been federally mandated in all US vehicles since 1994.

The guy who sold you that truck cannot legally sell it without disclosing the missing airbag. You can get your money back, probably. Is the logo SRS or Airbag embossed on the cover anywhere? That's identical to my '99 wheel, except for the white bowtie.

No passenger airbag? There's no separate panel over your glovebox?

Did the truck come from a foreign country?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  8. carmantx

carmantx Member

Truck history showed the two prior owners in Texas. No SRS emblem on the horn button. No seperate panel over the glovebox. It is an open space to put things. Has a rubber mat, like factory piece.

9. Dana W

Strange. WAIT, yah know what. Maybe light trucks were exempt in 2000. Yeah, maybe that's it, but I can't confirm. Yours musta been an original WT without the bag options then.

If that is the case, you can probably find dozens of nice custom wheels for your truck.

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts