Aftermarket Stereo Install? (2007 Trailblazer)

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by veloziraptor, Dec 16, 2008.

1. veloziraptor

veloziraptor New Member

Hey all,

Nice site! Maybe you can help me figure some things out...

Ok, so I decided to change the headunit out in my 2007 Trailblazer...little did I know there is SO much more than just switching it out

Ok, this is what I have:

2007 Trailblazer
    Non-bose
    No onstar
    No CD changer
    Back seat controls

This is what I want:
    Headunit that will support .mp3 playback, 3.5mm jack...and maintain factory chimes and steeringwheel controls.

This is what I bought...which do I NEED??

1) GM 2000-2007 GMOS-01 (AXXESS)
    2) GM 2000-2007 GMOS-04 (AXXESS)
    3) ASWI-PS: PIO/SNY SW Interface
    4) Antenna Adaptor

Basically, I bought both 01 and 04 b/c the back of the 01 does not specifically state for 2007 Trailblazer, but does list Envoy 2000-2007. While it lists GM 2000-2007 on the front (and states Retain Onstar and door chimes)

the 04 specifically list Trailblazer 2002-2007 on the back but states (Retain Onstar, factory amp control, door chimes)

and I realize the ASWI-PS is specific for Sony and Pioneer models (those which accept this SW module)...I think I have 2 models that will accept it so far: Pioneer: DEH-P3000IB and the Sony GT62IPW

Ok, SO....which wiring harness do I really need? The 01 or the 04?

and are there any other PIO/SNY models that will work with the steering wheel interface? OR, how can I search for the model #'s that will work?

All other business:

What else do I need to know when I decide to hook all this stuff up? Is there any programming? Splicing wires? How technical is it? Or, is there a write up for people like me?

....I have the rear seat radio controls also...will these still be functional if I were to change out the factory head unit?

...how do I know if I have an amp in my stock system, or not?

Thanks fellas!!!
    Velo

Last edited: Dec 16, 2008
  2. KennyD

KennyD New Member

Well I can tell you that using any of the external data bus units (like the ones you specify) will maintain the factory chimes, and provide the switched 12v line you need. As far as the steering wheel controls go, your after market head unit whould have provisions for an external module that you might be able to use. The JVC I just installed in my 04 2500HD has such a module I can buy for the steering wheel controls (which I don't have).

As for cutting and splicing, you will have to do some but it's straight forward, just follow the instructional pictures that are included with the external data bus unit you have.

I would go with the one that has your vehicle called out on the box.