Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket Tach - 1990 GMC 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by CWBx, Mar 10, 2013.

1. CWBx

CWBx New Member

I'm trying to install a little 3" tachometer but I can't seem find the correct wire coming from the coil or distributor.
    I know my green wire off the tach is the "signal wire" but when I go searching for a green or brown wire under the hood I'm not finding it.

1990 GMC C1500 \ 5.7L 350

Here's a shot of the distr. and I'll get one of the coil tomorrow when the sun is out.
    Any help greatly appreciated.

[​IMG]

The distributor has a connector labeled ABCD on top, just FYI.
    Thank you.
  2. cooter71

cooter71 Member

I believe the tach feed is the red wire coming off the distributor, If you follow the harness from the dist. toward the truck I think there's a connector inside that plastic crap that you splice it off. I have one on mine ill check it out tonight and try and get you a picture of my setup
  3. CWBx

CWBx New Member

Excellent, I appreciate it. If you can get a picture that would be sweet otherwise just a for sure confirmation it's the red wire lead. Thank you!