Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

aftermarket tire pressure sensor

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by trackbird, Feb 22, 2009.

1. trackbird

trackbird New Member

My 2008 Silverado has tire pressure sensors, but the information isn't available to me unless I subscribe to Onstar. Is there an aftermarket system that can tell me my tire pressures?

2. pmpddyd1

pmpddyd1 New Member

im assuming that your truck didnt come with the DIC buttons on the left side of the dash because if it did, the readout on the dash could display your psi at each tire. you can put in the buttons for like $100 if so inclined like i did. plus you get mpg, trip timer, and be able to change a bunch of settings like the auto door locks. worth it in my opinion

Last edited: Feb 22, 2009
  3. trackbird

trackbird New Member

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. My truck is a 2LT , not the luxury model. Where can I get a set of buttons? Is it a kit?

4. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

my first truck was either was a WT and it had the DIC. my new truck has the DIC too, but neither of them hathe tire pressure monitor thing.

5. Terry S

Terry S New Member

I have a 2008 silverado. I am trying to find out what frequency and what type of data is transmitted from the sensors. I want to be able to see the pressures in each tire.
    Terry S

6. r_w

r_w New Member

Schrader Makes Them

Schrader Electronics is the OE manufacturer of the sensors in your wheels. It was either made in Springfield, TN, or more likely for a 2008 Northern Ireland. Here is information on an aftermarket readout:

http://www.schrader-bridgeport.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37&Itemid=112

This kit comes with 4 new sensors, likely exactly what you have in the vehicle. They are OE quality. I don't know if you can get the readout separate, or what you need to do to get it to work with your system, you'll have to investigate further.

7. trackbird

trackbird New Member

Nearly a year after my original post...
    The DIC upgrade now advertised on this site is just what I was looking for. Got it for Christmas. It took more than 5 minutes to install, but less than 30. I would have been happy w/ just the switch and a mounting bracket for a third of the price, but this unit appears to be OEM.
    I am getting spoiled w/ technology. I don't have to turn on/off my lights, can blink the turn signals w/ just a touch, and now I can see my tire pressures w/o taking off the caps. Nice.