1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Aftermarket trailer brake controller for in dash? Looking for

Discussion in 'Towing & Trailer Tech' started by Turvok, Oct 8, 2013.

1. Turvok

Turvok New Member

I seen that the new 14s have an in dash trailer brake slider built rider into the dash.

Anyone know of anything aftermarket that might fit an 08 that is similar?

Would love to have something easier to reach then mounting a controller down by the e brake where my nose almost hits the steering wheel while manually activating it.

Any help appreciated. If someone can point me in the right direction.

Mike

- - - Updated - - -

I found a handheld one on this website. Sounds a little weird but that might be almost as good.

http://www.draw-tite.com/content/products.aspx?lvl=2&parentid=1400&catID=1435&part=0

2. My 08 Silverado 3500HD with trailer package has the in dash brake controller. Possible that your truck already has the wiring harness for the factory brake controller. Might be mistaken but I think the commercials for the 2007's advertised the in dash controller. Since they have been out for at least 5 or 6 years I would first check the local salvage yards for a factory unit. Good luck!

3. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I looked into adding the factory controls to my truck. I was told it can not be added.

I've never taken someone's answer and walked away, so I found a wiring diagram for the brake controller.

It would be a huge job to add the factory controller to a truck that does not have the modules. I don't recommend trying.

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

where there is a will thers a way..just a bit of work....

5. Turvok

Turvok New Member

Thanks for the info guys. From what I read it was available then but not in the 1500 just in the 25 and 3500.

I don't think it's something I'm going to bother challenging.

6. 71Stage1Conv

71Stage1Conv New Member

I added an electronic brake on my 07 Yukon and it was a snap, however the tow pkg was factory installed. I plan on installing in my 09 Silverado because it also has the tow pkg.