aftermarket ?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by florida boy, Dec 29, 2010.

1. florida boy

florida boy New Member

I own a 2011 silverado z71, have an aftermarket radio to put in the ? i have is if i pull out the stock radio what all do i loose, onstar, bluetooth, remote start.

2. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

You should not lose remote start. My understanding is that you will lose onstar and your chimes (seat belt, etc.) unless you buy an adapter for your aftermarket radio. You will probably lose Bluetooth as well... unless you purchase an aftermarket head unit that also has bluetooth capability. Hope this helps.

If someone else doesn't chime in with some more information for you sometime soon, take a look at some of the other threads in this sub-forum. You'll find some pretty good information on the topic. Best of luck and happy New Year!!!

3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Your remote start should be ok, you'll probably loose bluetooth, and I'm not sure about the onstar. Check out http://www.crutchfield.com/ and give them a call, they're customer support is really good with this kind of stuff. Good luck!

4. randomsandwhich

randomsandwhich Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

You can install it with no adapter however you will lose:
    Onstar, Bluetooth, XM Radio, all chimes including door ajar, fuel low etc etc. as well as accessory power to radio (this can be solved by running a new power lead).

If you wish to keep everything I would buy the os-4 from pac-audio. They make good bypass modules and you won't have any issues with sound noise, This will retain everything that came with the factory. It is a bit expensive but well worth the money.

http://www.pac-audio.com/productDetails.aspx?ProductId=384&CategoryID=26

Of course there are cheaper ones that do the same thing, but some are very cheap and don't work well at all. Look around here on the forums this is always a hot topic on this forum. And if you have any questions feel free to post :)