1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aftetrmarket XM replacement antenna problem

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by Lance915, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Lance915

Lance915 New Member

I need to disconnect the original factory roof mounted XM antenna from my 2005 Silverado and replace it with an aftermarket antenna. The problem I am running into is connector compatability when I attempt to plug the new antenna into the XM unit mounted behind the glovebox.

I purchased a TERK micro size antenna and the end connector would not fit into the XM unit....as the plastic end connector was totally different.

Anyone know what the next option is???

A local stereo shop said cutting and splicing the antenna was not a very good option, and didn't know of any aftermarket adapter..

ANYONE know...

Thanks....
  2. tlperry68

tlperry68 New Member 1000 Posts

You may want to place the new micro attena on the dash board near the twilight sensor. Check with your shop. Or run the new wires out by the third brake light.
  3. Lance915

Lance915 New Member

Thanks but location is not the problem...

The problem is that I can not find an after market XM antenna that will snap into the XM receiver unit located in the glovebox.
  4. RAPTOR_660

RAPTOR_660 New Member

Which XM unit do you have?I have the Skyfi 2 & I've seen 2 different types of connectors on the antennas.I believe the Terk has a pink plastic piece on the end,correct?If so,can you just pop it off?