New Features Agree with someone? Click the new Like Button for each post

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Oct 3, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We've got a new toy on the site, and it looks like a lot of you are already using it. It's the "LIKE" link (we'll call it the "Like Button") and you can find it on the bottom-right corner of each post made in each thread.

What's the "like button" for?
    Well, it helps people find good and useful content. If you think someone makes a good point, then click the like button. If you agree with their position, click the like button. If you find their comments to be useful and very helpful, then go ahead and give the like button a good old click.

- The message poster will be notified that you liked their post.
    - A sum total of all likes will appear at the top of the first post in the thread.
    - Visitors to the page can quickly see that a page has a lot of good content by seeing the number of likes.
    - You can not like your own posts, sorry!

gmtc-like-1.jpg gmtc-like-2.jpg

Last edited: Oct 3, 2011
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Thanks Steve, I was wondering what that button was for......As Always your the MAN Steve!!.......:great:

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Extra karma points to Mike for being the first to Like my post about the Like Button. :) :great:

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO....its Great Feature it have, as we have a Lot of Great Information coming from the Members and its Now......Nice to let those Member's know that there input and/or Information is Greatly Appreciated!!....by the other Members.

5. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I kept getting PM's from Steve about likes....I just thought Steve liked me.....

6. 99'HEARTBEAT

Alston.....That is too Funny......:lol:

1 person likes this.