1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

agressive offroad used on road????

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by suburban2500, Nov 16, 2009.

1. suburban2500

suburban2500 Member

ok im looking for that agressive offroad look even though its an onroad vehicle its my 2006 suburban 2500 lifted a couple inches i think its a plow truck and i do plenty of driving unfortunately i am looking at a few tires the nitto tergraplers the nitto allterrain mt and toyo mts??? who recomends what in a 285 70 16??????? i even heard hankook have some cool looking mts i am also considering an all terrain tires right now i have michelin 265 75 16 ltx m/s tires which r in great shape but i want a more aggressive look???????? what do you guys recomend plow season is coming????
  2. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I like my toyo's:)
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2010
  3. suburban2500

suburban2500 Member

hows the wear on those massive tires and they look sick all it took was a leveling kit to fit those wheels?????
  4. suburban2500

suburban2500 Member

heres the truck i hope this works

Attached Files:

5. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I've talked to guys who said they got 40,000 plus miles on them, and yes all it took was a 2.25 inch leveling kit from readylift:)
  6. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

toyo m/t's are great. I used to have them. Now i have toyo a/t's but next tire change will be back over the m/t's. I've also heard nothing but good things about the Mickey Thompson ATZ tires.
  7. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

8. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

New BFG M/T's:party:
  9. raueda1

raueda1 Member

I've got basically the same truck with 285/75-16 Gdyr Duratrac's. Mine doesn't have any lift, I had to do some wheelwell liner trimming. The sidewall blocks look very aggressive and they are said to do great in snow. I don't think there's a 285/70-16 Duratrac, if there is it probably wouldn't rub at all. I'll try to post a pic, they look awesome.
  10. raueda1

raueda1 Member

[​IMG]Attached are a couple pix of duratrac 285/75-16's on my 2500. Quality is lousy, but hopefully you can get an idea of the look. The second one shows sidewalls better. Pix were shot in the dark with a flash, for some reason the tires look way smaller than in the light of day, maybe cause the wheel well is lit up. The look is definitely on the aggressive side without being too over the top.

Attached Files: