1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aiming Headlights

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Jul 29, 2012.

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 1000 Posts

So, of course, from the factory they are aimed correctly (we hope)..... but over the years things happen..... old shocks caused the front end to dip, so I raised them, then replaced the front shocks and had to lower them, etc....

Then I had bumper damage and had to adjust them so they were level again, etc working on replacing the bumper, etc....

I have used a brick wall to get them level, I have also parked behind another car about 12 feet way and checked the level against a real car and not a wall....

The thing is our head lights have a up and down adjustment and a left and right adjustment.

What is the best way to get them lined up correctly again?

I have found that on really foggy days you can check them better because you can see the core (spot) in the center of the beam better and where they are directed.
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 New Member

I go into the garage at night against the bare wall and do it that way...i put a strip of blue tape on the wall where i want the top of the lights to hit and back the truck up so im out of the garage but the lights are right in the door way...i have my low beams on and adjust them just to the top of the light just hits the tape on both sides evenly,then i adjust the left and right just so i have no blank spots...i would go more into detail but i think its better to try it out and then you will understand it better...one of her uncles owns a auto body and thats how he does it(works quite well actually) :great:
  3. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

4. Coach24

Coach24 New Member 1000 Posts

We used to aim headlights at the shop with headlight aiming equipment. While more precise the other avenues are close enough