1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Air bag light came on out of no where on my 07 silverado.

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by jrlawre80, Dec 23, 2011.

1. jrlawre80

jrlawre80 New Member

Before I take it in for servicing I was looking to see if this has happened before. I got in my truck this morning and started it up and right away the Service Air Bag comes across my info screen !! im just wondering if there are any service bulletines for this? Thanks in advance.
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

If the Air Bad light came On and then went Off, then it is the Air Bag Readiness Light,
    ......This light will come on when you start your Vehicle, and it will flash for a few seconds. Then the light should go out. This means the system is ready.
    .....If the Air Bag Light Comes and Stays On, then you may have an Issue with the Air Bag.
  3. jrlawre80

jrlawre80 New Member

I actually found another post with same issue and it was the plug under driver seat came undone from moving seat all the way forward and back, catching on slide rail. Fixed and working
  4. PearlWhiteLTZ

PearlWhiteLTZ New Member

Good to know...A friend of mine is having this problem.
    Find anything else good under there?? I found a half eaten taco under my seat once..