1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Air bag light flashes.. cruise shuts off.

Discussion in 'Ask GM Customer Service' started by Sluggo / NY, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Sluggo / NY

Sluggo / NY New Member

I hesitate to bother taking my 08 Silverado to the dealer for this as I'm sure they won't find the problem. On a 600 mile trip.. twice.. the air bag ready light flashed about four times and the cruise just turned off! Anyone else have this problem? I know it's not a biggie, but it is annoying> Thanks, Sluggo (Chris)
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Chris....In the 2008" Silverado Owners Manual it states the following regarding the Air Bag (Light) on Coming on and/or Flashing While Driving,

.......If the Airbag readiness light stays on after you start the Vehicle or Comes on when you are Driving, your Airbag system may not work properly. The light coming on is telling you there is an electrical problem, with the Air bag System.

3. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 New Member

Had this problem with my 09. Took it to the dealer, apparently there is an airbag sensor under the passenger seat with an exposed connection. My maglite rolled under the seat and touched it causing it to come loose or something which triggered the light. I would check for that sensor and make sure the connection is good.

Cheers,
  4. Has your concern been addressed? I would also recommend contacting your local dealership for more assistance. I can also look into this for you. In order to do so, I will need the VIN for the vehicle. Please feel free to contact me via private message as well. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.