Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

air-bag light

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by papher51, Mar 9, 2014.

1. papher51

papher51 New Member

The airbag light stays on after start-up. It blinks at 1st then a steady on. The passenger light says off. 2006 1500 express.
    Any ideals where to start looking. I checked the fuse and it was good.
  2. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

Check the wiring that is on the floor by the driver's feet. That can become worn and short out. Look for it at the left kick panel and work your way to the fuse block.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The best way to diagnose your issue is to find someone with a scan tool that can read air bag or sir codes. It could be a bad impact sensor. I had one go out on my truck and the same thing happened. My airbag light has been turning on in extremely cold weather. It will turn on and off randomly during a long trip. I an betting that it is a failing sensor, I just have not had it scanned.
  4. papher51

papher51 New Member

I forgot to mention that I had replaced the radio about the time the srs light started staying on. Would that have anything to do with it?
  5. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

did you pull the seat or anything to get at the fuse block? Did you remember to plug the airbag seat sensor back in? Just a though,

Brew
  6. papher51

papher51 New Member

I checked the connector under the seat. It was fine. Thanks
  7. Bowtieloyal

Bowtieloyal New Member

I had the same problem on my suburban, I pulled the carpet back to the left of the brake pedal and jiggled the wires and magically it went off. Like someone else said on this thread it could be a short or just came loose.
  8. papher51

papher51 New Member

[​IMG] The airbag light stays on after start-up. It blinks at 1st then a steady on. The passenger light says off. 2006 1500 express.
    Any ideals where to start looking. I checked the fuse and it was good.

I checked all of the wiring under the floor mat and under the seat. It was all good.
  9. tsbrewers

tsbrewers Member

Then I would say your next move is to take to someone who can read the codes and see what it says.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

again, I am betting it is an impact sensor, you have to have it scanned.