Air Bag System Light Stays on - 2005 Tahoe

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by UTFan69, Apr 30, 2010.

1. UTFan69

UTFan69 New Member

The Air Bag System Light Stays on on my 2005 Tahoe. Has anyone experienced this, and do you have any suggestions on a fix. It has never done this before, it came on just as I was planning to take the vehicle in for the annual inspection.

2. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

there is no real easy fix for this, as the air bag system normally requires it own special tooling to diagnose, this usually also results in replacing components.

however you might be lucky, have you done any modifications to the truck, ie bumpers? work around or under the dash steering wheel, glove box, under the seats, if so you may have disconnected something by accident, also if anyone was around those areas they may have unplugged something but forgot to plug it back in.

3. Urban Assault

Urban Assault Member

I have the same problem on my 06 silverado for the past year, I just going to leave it alone

4. Viper

Viper Rockstar 100 Posts

only problem with that is if there is an issue with your air bag and the light is active your airbags will not work.

5. Dr_Zero

Dr_Zero Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Disconnect the battery and check the sensors down on the frame up front, when I replaced the radiator some antifreeze drained and got in there and made my light stay on.
    I pulled the connector dried it out and then reconnected the power and no more light!:great:

6. kspeng

kspeng New Member

same problem on 2005 suburban, it was the front impact sensor

Last edited: May 3, 2010
  7. Carbon

Carbon New Member

When I took my front grill off to paint it the Service air bag light came on. Figured unhooking the battery and connecting it again would solve this. I had to bring it in to have it reset. They told me that the air bags would not have deployed if I were to get into an accident.

8. Loggerhead Mike

Loggerhead Mike Rockstar 100 Posts

you need to get the code and go from there there a dozens of components in the s-i-r system

never work on any sir stuff w/out the batt. cable disconnected.

pull the codes from the sdm module. most i get are wiring related and more often that not the problem is under the seat