Air Filter Preference?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by JimmyA, Jun 26, 2013.

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

What is the preference? I'm thinking of a Purolator(paper) for my truck! Any suggestions?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

K&N in my ride since day 1

3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

yeah, I second the K&N in the stock housing.
    they go almost 50,000 miles between cleanings

4. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

hi JimmyA
    yes purolater air filter have best performance for trucks. Purolator is a leading manufacturer of HVAC filtration products for residential, commercial/industrial and HEPA applications.

5. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I would like to see data that proves that

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive been a long time fan of K&N, but as I get older and lazyier I look for new ways to get more done for less, I havnt bought a replacement for my truck yet but when I do I have it narrowed down to a couple different dry flow filters, yes Im getting to lazy to recharge a K&N.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

That's pretty lazy. It take ~20 minutes to clean a K&N, another 5 minutes to apply oil to it after it dries.

I have been a user of K&N air filters for years. One of the first things I buy for any vehicle I purchase.

8. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

I have K&N air filter and I'm happy with it.

9. eric602

eric602 New Member

what kind of kn would you guys suggest for 2013 silverado 1500?

10. Cowpie

Cowpie Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have had a preference for the Amsoil Ea Air Filters for some time. Very good flow compared to stock, with very good filtering. Synthetic mesh in filters does a far better job than traditional cellulose filter media. I like synthetic mesh media in all of my filters, oil or air. And you can vacuum clean the Amsoil one and use up to 4 yr / 100,000 miles according to them. $36 under preferred pricing.