1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Air Filter Preference?

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Upkeep' started by JimmyA, Jun 26, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. JimmyA

JimmyA Member 1 Year 100 Posts

What is the preference? I'm thinking of a Purolator(paper) for my truck! Any suggestions?

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

K&N in my ride since day 1

3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

yeah, I second the K&N in the stock housing.
    they go almost 50,000 miles between cleanings

4. marksoldtowne

marksoldtowne Member 1 Year

hi JimmyA
    yes purolater air filter have best performance for trucks. Purolator is a leading manufacturer of HVAC filtration products for residential, commercial/industrial and HEPA applications.

5. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I would like to see data that proves that

6. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive been a long time fan of K&N, but as I get older and lazyier I look for new ways to get more done for less, I havnt bought a replacement for my truck yet but when I do I have it narrowed down to a couple different dry flow filters, yes Im getting to lazy to recharge a K&N.

7. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

That's pretty lazy. It take ~20 minutes to clean a K&N, another 5 minutes to apply oil to it after it dries.

I have been a user of K&N air filters for years. One of the first things I buy for any vehicle I purchase.

8. truc.karl

truc.karl Member

I have K&N air filter and I'm happy with it.

9. eric602

eric602 New Member

what kind of kn would you guys suggest for 2013 silverado 1500?

10. Cowpie

Cowpie Member 1 Year 100 Posts

I have had a preference for the Amsoil Ea Air Filters for some time. Very good flow compared to stock, with very good filtering. Synthetic mesh in filters does a far better job than traditional cellulose filter media. I like synthetic mesh media in all of my filters, oil or air. And you can vacuum clean the Amsoil one and use up to 4 yr / 100,000 miles according to them. $36 under preferred pricing.