Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

air horns...

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by Dillon, Jan 10, 2010.

1. Dillon

Dillon New Member

thinkin about an air horn for my truck love the old ppl doing 5 under in the fast lane! :grrrrrr:
    blast there ass out of the way and down the road we go i have seen some on youtube and hornblaster.com but i dont know what to buy for the bang for the buck anybody got one??? or ideas to make my own setup ??
  2. Nickw059

Nickw059 Member

hey, I used to have a train horn on my 04 silverado. I bought it from ebay for around $300. It was 132 decibles, and a little louder than a the horns on a train, it was pretty sweet, watch ebay, they have some pretty good deals, but also some pretty good scams, make sure you read the reviews of the sellers
  3. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think they have some reasonably priced ones on stylintrucks.com
  4. Dillon

Dillon New Member

thanks man i was looking on e bay the other day but i a guy said they dont last like u say what brand did u buy ??....how long have u had it?? thank again!

p.s. do u know how far away ppl can hear u...
  5. TritonBoulder47

TritonBoulder47 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Whelen makes a Power Air Horn and a Power Air Horn with PA... It's all electric, no need to mees with plumbing air lines...:great:
  6. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

i have a train horn in my truck! i have a 5 gallon tank with a 100% duty compressor which will do anything you will ever want.. will run air power tools all day... i paid $300 for everything shipped to my door. i dont know if your looking for a tank this big but i would also not go with a 1 or 2 gallon.. they run out of air too quickly.. the smallest i would go with is a 3 gallon. i have 4 horns.. you also notice in my video below that its mounted under my hood i would not do so.. i would mount it under your truck. It is a lot louder with the hood up. dont get me wrong its very loud with the hood down and you'll scare the living **** outta people but i want to move mine to under my truck. here's my video and ill look for the page i got it off of for you and post another reply

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8P1tAkUAKjQ"]YouTube- Ted's train horn[/ame]
  7. Dillon

Dillon New Member

thanks man
  8. Mikes71Nova

Mikes71Nova New Member

whered you get all the components? thanks, mike
  9. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

10. lsutoms

lsutoms Rockstar 100 Posts

im having problems finding the site that i used... im going to do some further looking and try to let ya'll know