1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Air Intake Snorkel - Ever Had One?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by ChevyFan, Mar 26, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Just a quick post, just curious how many people have ever had one of these on a vehicle that they've owned. Not this brand, but some form of remote elevated air intake system.

[​IMG]

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Performan...Fcc-MgodcmsAnw

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I thought about one when I had my 95. I stayed away from water and usually played in the mud. This guy had a nice one

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  3. steved

steved Former Member

My M37 has one...they actually show in the operator's manual the driver sitting on the back of the seat with his head sticking up above the roof line driving through water. Disconnect the fan belt, jack the hand throttle wide open, low gear, and go swimming!

You will find most guys that have them are more for looks...they hurt performance because of the distance through the tubing (i.e. sucking through a straw).

4. ahmitchell1

ahmitchell1 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Me and my brother built a jeep a long time ago and had a snorkel on it. I've had that thing in water above the doors it was a beast. Other than that I have one on my can am