1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Air intake, to many options..

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by TexasTechRaider, Jul 3, 2012.

1. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider New Member 100 Posts

I'm looking into investing into an air intake system but for the life of me I can't decide which one. I leaning towards the K&N or Volant. What are you experiences with them, or any other brand that you have had? Thanks in advance!
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They're all about the same; you get a little more power at WOT out of them and they change the sound of your ride, a bit. There's absolutely nothing wrong with a K&N filter sitting in the factory air box; it's every bit as good as a Volant, an Outlaw (what I have - and no longer made), etc. The Volants look pretty under the hood ... if that's important to you.
  3. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have a Volant and love it. I can tell a difference after I put it on especialy on the interstate. Definitely more that any K&N filter that I have put on any rides in the past. Little more pricer than K&N but worth it. Check out newlevelmotorsports.com , hands down the cheapest site on the web. Got mine in about a week no problems.
  4. TexasTechRaider

I was just looking at the Volant and I can see what you mean, look really sweet under the hood! Guess I'll look around at specs and what not.
  5. TexasTechRaider

I was looking at the site and began doing research on Volant. I was thinking about going with the core, that thing is huge and is supposed to last 100,000 miles. What did you get?
  6. LOVINTHESTORM

Had to go with the POWERCORE. It's supposed to be the best, and I didn't want to have to worry about oiling the filter. I also got the ram air scoop, but will be customizing the install so it doesn't hang down below the air dam.
  7. TexasTechRaider

Ok and also, before I go and buy anything is this the one that you purchased?

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/1545362.html
  8. LOVINTHESTORM

Yes it is, except I got the one right beside it for 369.87. Same exact thing except I got the one with the ram air scoop. You get it cheaper when you buy it with it. Same people buy them later and mount the on because it is the same intake just with a cap on the bottom were it attaches I think.
  9. TexasTechRaider

Looks like this may be my next purchase then. Thanks!
  10. LOVINTHESTORM

Anytime.....