1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Air only out the vents

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by DFores86, Mar 5, 2009.

1. DFores86

DFores86 New Member

edit: First post and i screw up... The air only comes out onto the windshield... But WONT come out the vents or the floor.. sorry bout that

Well I have a 97 Silverado, 134k miles.. Naturally she runs like a champ, i take care of her, she takes care of me..

Anyways, its cold outside roughly 10 degrees i believe, as it was back in december this happened, i jumped in my truck to let it warm up for a cpl mins as i got all my stuffs around for school. After 5 mins come back out to start headin out, got in the truck, turned the dial to have the vent blow some air on my feet, and i noticed that nothing was coming out the floor.. Ive been driving it like this for 2 months and im ready to fix it. I searched on the forums here, but really couldnt find much. I may have missed a thread at any rate, any help, suggestions, or tips are VERY welcomed. esp after i bought a 96 grand (P.O.S) am and have put (literally) thousands into it, jsut to have something else go wrong.. enough of a sob story.. help please!

Oh yeah, I am new, and hello!
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  2. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Sounds like the door is stuck. I know there are a number of threads on the board about this, but I'm not sure that anyone has posted a step-by-step fix of it.
  3. DFores86

DFores86 New Member

The door? That would make sense since i no longer here the "whrring" sound when i turn the knob to a different setting...
  4. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Yeah, it seems to be a common issue around here that the door inside the vents that routes the air gets stuck or freezes in place. Other people have problems with only getting hot or cold air.