1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Air Ride assist for my lowered silverado

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by Nickbaldwin86, May 26, 2009.

1. Nickbaldwin86

Nickbaldwin86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2003 silverado with a 2/4 kit on it and would like to get a air assist setup for when I haul my bike and loads in the bed... I put a single bike (220lbs) in the bed now and it bottoms out on the smallest bumps

So I picked out... :

http://www.goairlift.com/search_res...tegory=Air Spring Kit&Description=SlamAir Kit

Is this a ok web site to be buying from? They have a amazing price on the kit (208 shipped) but some times I wonder if it is to good to be true...

Other sites sell it for.... :

http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...ults_trigger=&partfamilyid=2167&partid=401651

Suggest other kits that might be better, or places that might be better to buy from?

Thanks
    Nick
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks like a Good price,I would check Jegs and Summitt,They have some of the best pricing.I have Airlifts 2600lbs Rear bag setup,it also came with Compressor and Controls for inside the cab I think I pay around $350.00 for everything.For me this has been one of the best mods I have done.I tow a Ski boat during the summer.
  3. Nickbaldwin86

Nickbaldwin86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey99'HEARTBEAT

Thanks for the feedback,

I just found that same kit @ JEGS and Summit for $181

Oh and shipping is FREE... but the handling charge is $12

still cheaper then any where else

Thanks man
  4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good Deal!!......I have found that Jegs and Summitt are hard to beat on pricing.I also found that if I'm looking to buy a part that,I hold until a Holiday reason being is that most of the part house's Will offer free shipping and or 10%-20% off.But thatis only if i don't need the part right away.Post up some pictures went you get the bags on.
  6. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

I had the same problem. I went to autozone and got a set of air shocks for $70. It doesn't allow a very good ride but it solves the problems of bottoming out and being able to haul heavier loads. A drawback to the kit is having to find an air compressor to fill with air.