Air Ride assist for my lowered silverado

Discussion in 'Lowered & Urban Suspension' started by Nickbaldwin86, May 26, 2009.

1. Nickbaldwin86

Nickbaldwin86 Rockstar 100 Posts

I have a 2003 silverado with a 2/4 kit on it and would like to get a air assist setup for when I haul my bike and loads in the bed... I put a single bike (220lbs) in the bed now and it bottoms out on the smallest bumps

So I picked out... :

http://www.goairlift.com/search_res...tegory=Air Spring Kit&Description=SlamAir Kit

Is this a ok web site to be buying from? They have a amazing price on the kit (208 shipped) but some times I wonder if it is to good to be true...

Other sites sell it for.... :

http://www.stylintrucks.com/part.as...ults_trigger=&partfamilyid=2167&partid=401651

Suggest other kits that might be better, or places that might be better to buy from?

Thanks
    Nick

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Looks like a Good price,I would check Jegs and Summitt,They have some of the best pricing.I have Airlifts 2600lbs Rear bag setup,it also came with Compressor and Controls for inside the cab I think I pay around $350.00 for everything.For me this has been one of the best mods I have done.I tow a Ski boat during the summer.

3. Nickbaldwin86

Nickbaldwin86 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey99'HEARTBEAT

Thanks for the feedback,

I just found that same kit @ JEGS and Summit for $181

Oh and shipping is FREE... but the handling charge is $12

still cheaper then any where else

Thanks man

4. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Good Deal!!......I have found that Jegs and Summitt are hard to beat on pricing.I also found that if I'm looking to buy a part that,I hold until a Holiday reason being is that most of the part house's Will offer free shipping and or 10%-20% off.But thatis only if i don't need the part right away.Post up some pictures went you get the bags on.

6. Slow1500

Slow1500 Rockstar

I had the same problem. I went to autozone and got a set of air shocks for $70. It doesn't allow a very good ride but it solves the problems of bottoming out and being able to haul heavier loads. A drawback to the kit is having to find an air compressor to fill with air.