1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

air scoop...

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by 00chevy53, Dec 15, 2010.

1. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member

just looking to see if anyone has built an air scoop for there truck or car and how they went aout doing so... im debating on how to build one for my intake setup and probably going to use aluminum or sheet metal to build it...
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

it will be hard to get it to work since the intake is so close to the radiator.
  3. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member

ill have to post some pics of how my intake is setup, that way it will give people an idea of what im working with.... but since im running an electric fan setup there is a decent amount of room
  4. KyleZ71

KyleZ71 Member ROTM Winner

Would love to hear about yours if you do it. I have a 57 series K&N CAI and i wish i didn't have to use that stock plate, but a scoop I feel would really help.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

With the twin scoops on my Avalanche I have not notice much of a differance. Maybe running a bit cooler.. The opening is about 8 in's wide by 1 2/3 high.

Attached Files:

6. KyleZ71

What about the scoops under the valance of the nose of the truck? Any benefit from any members?
  7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

A better pic of my scoops....

Attached Files:

8. KyleZ71

Not just hood scoops but scoops that reach down from beneath the CAI to beneath the bumper
  9. KyleZ71

Ok thanks for the info. Do you guys know if they make scoop kits for silverado? I no a couple CAI kits kave you remove the airbox plate but my K&N uses it for support.
  10. 00chevy53

00chevy53 New Member

kyle- i ened up makeing one out of alum. and it seems to work fine.... but i recently found a better looking way to construct it so once its done ( probably next week ) ill post up some pics of the final setup