1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

air sucking behind brake pedal

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by piper964, Jun 1, 2009.

1. piper964

piper964 New Member

from a rubber boot which is making my pedal hard on my 1996 chevy tahoe?how can i repair that prob thanks in advance
  2. stubby

stubby New Member

Replace the diaphrams in the brake booster
  3. piper964

piper964 New Member

is it normal to feel and hear air from this rubber boot
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

no not a normal thing, replace the brake booster
  5. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

A decent enough rebuilt brake booster from Autozone was $135 about 1 year ago.Normally I don't used AZ parts if they are electronic or have moving parts in them, but so far the brake booster has worked ok.

Your brakes will start getting very very heavy soon, if the brake booster is croaking.Mine did-along with the noise you are hearing..
    There is a tiny chance that the vacuum hose has a hole in it-check that(just listen for it with the hood up and your ear down)
    Luck, Charlie
    PS I had to return the core to make the price $130-it was $155 or so without a core bb.