1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Airaid Jr. Compatibility

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by KWG08VMI, Aug 3, 2010.

1. KWG08VMI

KWG08VMI Rockstar 100 Posts

I was wondering if there was any reason that the Airaid Jr. kit for a '08 GMC 1500 woult not fit the '10 GMC 1500. Just making sure there isn't some kind of small difference that might cause the MIT to not align correctly.
    I'm looking at the Jr. b/c it's a lot cheaper and from some of the other threads I've checked out it seems to have almost the same HP and MPG gains.

Thanks
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The MAF was changed in '09.
  3. KWG08VMI

Thanks. I had a feeling I wasn't going to be that lucky. Guess I'll hold off for a little while longer.
  4. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah, I think it would take a lot of modification to get it to fit. I have also looked into the AirAid Jr. and think it is a good bang for the buck.
  5. KWG08VMI

Well, what makes the '09 MAF so much different from the '08?
  6. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Go to Airaids website and put in both years and see if they have the same part #. If it does than it will work.
  7. KWG08VMI

They don't show the MIT for the '10 on the website. That's why i was asking if i could use the '08 model.
  8. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Yes I looked on there website and I would say they must not fit each other. I would contact them and see if there developing one for the 2010's. Never know they may be working on one .
  9. KWG08VMI

Good idea. I'll post the info if it's anything positive.