Airaid Jr. kit

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pruett, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Pruett

Pruett New Member

I have been looking in to the Airaid Jr. kit (www.Airaid.com) and thought I would get some more opinions on the product. It sounds like the best deal when it comes to CAI. I didnt really want to put a full system in, and it should be an easy modification. What does everyone think about the kit?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO......Its an Excellent Decision in going with the Airraid Jr Kit, for the Cost Savings from that of a Full CAI and you will get a Quicker Return on your Investment with this Setup.

3. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey man I use to have an AirAid intake system on another truck but you really don't feel much of a difference. You aren't going to gain enough to cover the cost.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The AirRaid Jr kit, is not a full Cold Air Intake Setup.....its a Tube and a Drop-in Re-Usable Air Filter, and the Cost depending on where you buy, is almost half the Cost of a Full CAI Setup.......As you mentioned, the gains are small if any with the Cold Air Intakes.

[​IMG]

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 V8 5.3 Liter

AirRaid Full Cold Air Intake Kit
    [​IMG]

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 V8 5.3 Liter

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011