Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Airaid Jr. kit

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Pruett, Oct 29, 2011.

1. Pruett

Pruett New Member

I have been looking in to the Airaid Jr. kit (www.Airaid.com) and thought I would get some more opinions on the product. It sounds like the best deal when it comes to CAI. I didnt really want to put a full system in, and it should be an easy modification. What does everyone think about the kit?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2011
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

IMO......Its an Excellent Decision in going with the Airraid Jr Kit, for the Cost Savings from that of a Full CAI and you will get a Quicker Return on your Investment with this Setup.

3. sierra11

sierra11 Rockstar 100 Posts

Hey man I use to have an AirAid intake system on another truck but you really don't feel much of a difference. You aren't going to gain enough to cover the cost.

4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The AirRaid Jr kit, is not a full Cold Air Intake Setup.....its a Tube and a Drop-in Re-Usable Air Filter, and the Cost depending on where you buy, is almost half the Cost of a Full CAI Setup.......As you mentioned, the gains are small if any with the Cold Air Intakes.

[​IMG]

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 V8 5.3 Liter

AirRaid Full Cold Air Intake Kit
    [​IMG]

2004 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 V8 5.3 Liter

Last edited: Oct 30, 2011