1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

AirAid or AEM?

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by mburn039, May 25, 2009.

1. mburn039

mburn039 New Member

I am getting a cold air intake for my '93 Cheyenne with a 4.3L V6. I was recommended to get either an AirAid or an AEM. Does anyone have any input? Also how much horse power and fuel mileage do you think I will pick up.

I'm also considering advancing the timing. Does anyone know anything about this? How far can I advance it? What octane gas will I need to run? ...etc.

Thanks,
    Mike
  2. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

If I had to choose between those 2 I think I would go AEM Dryflow. No need to oil and it is a better filter.
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

I would say AEM, that's what I'm planning on getting for my truck. I loved AEM I had on my honda I used to have. I see you have a 4.3 v6 engine, the intakes they make are for V8 engines on the trucks so I'm not sure if it would work for you. I'd contact them or do some more looking around.