1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Airbag light, blower not working on any speed

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by deepstuff, Dec 27, 2011.

1. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

OK,
    The Solenoid on my starter went just before going away from home. I disconnected the battery and left the truck for about a month. I just returned home and finished replacing my starter? Now my service air bags light is on (on dash and DIC) and my blower fan is not working on any speed? Is this related to the battery being disconnected for a month? I have not yet driven anywhere and it has gotten much colder since originally disconnecting the battery.

Thanks
  2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

i would check the fuses. in the manual for most cars/trucks it says to turn off all electrical systems before connecting/disconnecting the battery this is because when u reconnect the battery it can cause a surge that might blow one of the fuses. the blower is usally on its own fuse so it might of blown when the battery was reconnected. and airbag light is probly on because the airbag computer is confused because it had no power it should go away over time if not u just need to clear the code on the OBD
  3. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

Ok pulled fuses on both ABS and airbags, started and ran truck, refitted fuses and all OK?
  4. Conlan Rose

ok can u please elaborate. did u do what i said and it fixed it or did the problem still presist
  5. deepstuff

deepstuff Rockstar

Just did what I said, pulled fuses, started truck, shut off truck after several minute, then replaced fuses. Hope it stays away.

Thanks!
  6. Conlan Rose

no problem! glad to help :glasses: