1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Airbag

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by bidisilverado, Sep 19, 2008.

1. bidisilverado

bidisilverado New Member

Okay, I haven't figured out the search thingy on here yet but please don't kill me yet. In my 04 Silverado my airbag light just kind of randomly came on one day? It was shortly after I did a curb hop (hop curb or get ran over by semi? curb sounded better?) and bottomed the truck out. I've been told to check the sensors under the seat? Other than going to a dealer or "mechanic" is there a way I can see why it's on? Thanks!:glasses:

2. lifted_silverado

lifted_silverado New Member

i have that same prob in my 04 silverado let me know if u figure it out thanxs

3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Your truck has several crash sensors. The code will tell you whick one is acting up. Get it scanned with good scanner like a Tech II.