Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Alarm trouble Help please

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by donyms, Apr 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Okay, I have a compu Star alarm system in my truck and it is about a year old. It has worked pretty well up until now. Now it is going off for no reason so I can't even use it when I need to for the fear of it going off when it shouldn't. It will even go off while sitting under the carport at night. Yesterday I was at Starbucks sitting outside having a Mocha and I could see my truck so I set the alarm before going in and while i was sitting there watching the truck it just started going off for no reason. The place i bought it from went out of business. I called a well known audio place that does alarms because I was going to get one like @SurrealOne has but they said the one I have is a good one and that they could fix it for 150.00 so I was hoping someone on here knows something about these and can help guide me to the problem so I can fix it. Thanks :glasses:

2. Dirty Dog

Dirty Dog Member 2 Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor

I will go out on a limb here and say one of the sensors (body/motion) which are held inplace with two sided tape has fallen off its mount lost its stickiness and is off level.. this is the usual cause for this..... it has been a long time since i have installed or fixed any alarms though.....

3. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

As said above look under the dash first and look for loose mods or wires Is it beeping more then 2 times when you hit the buttons?

4. donyms

Yes, often it does beep more than 2 times when I disarm the alarm.

5. Enkeiavalanche

Find your owners book. It will tell you whats wrong with how many beeps it does..

6. donyms

Well, that would normally have been my first step but the place that installed it did not give me a book and like I said they are closed up. I have to work tomorrow but if I get a little time tomorrow I will look for a loose or unattached sensor under the dash. That makes since. Thank you for your help. :glasses:

7. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

When I had trouble with my viper alarm I didn't have a book either... but alarm companies usually have their owner's manuals available for PDF download online.

http://www.compustar.com/ownerscorner/usermanuals/

That might be a good start for ya bud

8. donyms

Thank you so much, I got the owners manual now and it does have at least 2 sensors on it so I will check them out when I get some time. Again, thank you for all your help. You guys are the best. :glasses:

9. donyms

Alright, just an update. I took the dash apart yesterday and found the shock sensor. It was still mounted fine so I checked the sensitivity adjustment and it was on 8. I backed it down to 5 and now my alarm doesn't go off randomly but something happened to the antenna I guess because now I have to hold the key fob right up next to the drivers door to get it to work. I suppose I will try to fix that today. Any ideas on the antenna would be appreciated. :glasses:

10. Enkeiavalanche

It can be just a wire.. Look around for it and place it as far away from anything else and as high as you can. There are better ant's you can get that go on the side or top of your windshield

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.