alignment issues

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by npverhey1, Jan 26, 2009.

1. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

are there any major signs of your alignment being off?

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Uneven tire wear would be the biggest. Pulling to the left or right when driving on a flat surface would be another.

3. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Those are the two things I can think of as well. I know my alignment is slightly off because if I am on a straight-away and let go of the steering whell, I veer to the left slightly. Although, if yours veers slightly to the right, I think that's normal (I could be wrong about that).

4. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

shops often align your truck to compensate for the crown in the road which makes the truck want to go right. So by making it aligned slightly to the left it makes the truck drive fairly straight.

5. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The factories design a sligt right veer into all vehicles. The idea is that if you had a heart attack or something you would drift towards the shoulder rather than oncoming traffic.

6. MWright936

That's what I was thinking

7. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

ok, then that brings up my next question. my front end feels really wobly whenever i get up to speed, like over forty and my sterring wheel starts shaking and it progressivly worse as i go faster, i took it off road a few nights ago and its been happeniong since, any ideas on the issue?

8. MWright936

Sounds to me like you need your wheels balanced. That would be a starting point at least.

9. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

ahhh that's what us jeep guys refer to as "death wobble" I would check that all your steering components are tight (and not bent) and if everything seems ok then you should get an alignment and possibly a tire balance. When I first lifted my jeep I had the same problem but after a balance and alignment I was all set.

10. npverhey1

npverhey1 Rockstar

ok thanks a lot guys i really appreciat the help, im getting new wheels and a lift this week, so maybe my shop will catch the issue:great: