Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

alignment specifications

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by reklessndn, Oct 4, 2010.

1. reklessndn

reklessndn New Member

hello everyone, i am attempting to replace my tie rods (inner/outer) and i am afraid that i might misalign the steering, so does any one have any knowledge on how to replace and set alignment to specifications. thanks for your help.

Clifford Kanuho
    1994 GMC Z71 XC

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Mark the old parts with something that won't rub off and count the rotations when removing, just screw the new part on the amount of rotations. This will get you in the ball park because the old parts are worn.

3. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!

4. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome!!!

5. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

6. stephan

stephan Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

Reklessndn;
    Yep go with what Silverado says, and then you can ckeck your toe in with a tape measure. If you can do your own tie rods you can also set toe. It helps if you have two people for this. Just make sure you measure at exactly the same places on both the front and rear of the tires and half way up the tire height. This will give you the most accuracy.