1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Alignment with Torsion Keys??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Shmeag, Dec 26, 2010.

1. Shmeag

Shmeag New Member

When I got my truck the previous owner cranked the torsion bars to level the truck, my tires couldn't be aligned right until the front end was lowered. My question is, if I buy torsion keys will I have the same alignment issues? Also are torsion keys the only thing I need to buy to get 2" out of my front end?
  2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I would go with the ReadyLift leveling kit for your year truck. They have good quality keys and there doesn't seem to be any front end issues with them.
  3. DAREDEVIL

DAREDEVIL New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

If the alignment shop said they cant do it,,FIND A BETTER ONE. mine are cranked all the way . and i mean all the way 2.5 inches..and it works, u just have to modify the upper aligment bolts ( fogot how u call them ) !!!!
  4. silveradotrailblazer

DAREDEVIL are you talking about the knock-outs for the upper control arms?
  5. DAREDEVIL

Could be , i think thats it ..the little things that are welded on there ..??!!!

I know how to do it , just dont know how to call them..lol

But mine is perfect aligned and cranked up all the way , running 19.5's
  6. silveradotrailblazer

You have a 2500 and his is a 1500 so I don't think he can get 2.5" of lift without issues, but every truck is differant.
  7. DAREDEVIL

I think the torsion way should be the same or pretty close... i mean either way will work ?!

Years back, they did not have those keys for leveling !!!
  8. silveradotrailblazer

GM has always had about 5 differant keys since they began useing the torson bar front ends. We changed them for years before the aftermarket people caught on. Alot of the aftermarket leveling kits are just factory GM keys reboxed.
  9. DAREDEVIL

interesting, i did not know that ..so what is the highest i could get for mine ??? mhhhhh

it shure is rough with them cranked all the way !!!!
  10. silveradotrailblazer

The main reason we changed to a differant key was to get a little more lift without stiffening the front end.