All Members - Link to us

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 5, 2008.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

We want to start a linking project to help increase site traffic and you can help!

We need to have as many different links on the web as possible, this means that you can link to us anywhere you have any public page on the internet. If you and other members on this site link to us we can dramaticly increase our site traffic.

Some places where you can link to us from.
    - Myspace page
    - Personal blog
    - Personal websites
    - CarDomain page
    - Wikianswers
    - online photo albums
    - any other page you have access to change

What should the link look like?
    The link should be to this website, or to a specific page on the website. It's best if you understand how the page will display so it will display the name and also hyperlink to us.

Not Good:
    "I'm a member at GMTruckClub"
    - This isn't picked up by the search engines.

Good:
    "I'm a member at GMTruckClub.com"
    - This is ok, it will be picked up.

Best:
    "I'm a member at GMTruckClub.com, check out this article (http://www.gmtruckclub.com) ..."
    - Even better becuase it helps to guarantee that there will be a live link appear on the page so all that someone has to do is "click" and they come to the site.

Any questions? If not, please let us know what pages you've linked to us from.
    That's just an example above, obviously make the link work for what you're posting onto

2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

3. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I give a shoutout to GMTruckClub.com every chance I get

4. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Strangely enough I have the GMTruckClub.com's logo live linked directly to the site from my car and truck club's website which gets the most traffic of any club's website in North Alabama...why I still have it there after all of the problems I have had about wanting to just link my signature picture to my personal vehicle information page, I dont know, but I will continue to support Steve and GMTruckClub.com.

I could just start doing this, but its a hassle for me and I'm sure someone would figure out a way to make me stop, so I will do it now.

To view more pictures and to see a complete mod list of my truck, check out my personal vehicle information page at Alabama Custom Car and Truck Club. Its just like everyone else's links to cardomain, etc. but no ads or anything.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2008
  5. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Another thing thats funny is that I have actually told a couple of the GM truck owners in my club to sign up to this site. wow.

6. TahoeFever

TahoeFever Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I still think your ride is one of a kind! ..btw how the heck did you get hooters to sponsor you ?

7. JayMack75

JayMack75 Former Member

Thanks man! I appreciate it! Hooters is actually an associate sponsor of the club. What we do is we make sure to bring a lot of our club members out to their car shows and support them in other events like their charity car washes and bike nights and stuff and they give us a little discount on food and donate door prizes to be given away and raffled for our charity car show that we host every year.

8. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

What are you talking about getting hassled about a link?