Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

All Members Read - Classifieds system

Discussion in 'Announcements & Feedback' started by ChevyFan, Jan 26, 2010.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I've been doing some brainstorming about the site. What does everyone think about an update to the marketplace system?

Marketplace for users
    I'm thinking of putting in a different system for the marketplace that will allow for free user-to-user auction listings plus sections that contain vendor offerings that you can look at and compare prices for items.

Vendor products too
    The benefit is that you will be able to see product offerings for all of the big boys stuffs, oem parts and mainstream aftermarket too. However, you would also be able to see products from up-and-coming vendors and manufacturers that are making products for your GM.

Feedback!
    I'd have to see what the best way to go on this is, and it would take some time and resources to get built but I think that some format of something like this would work very well. What does everyone think?

Ideas?

2. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

That sounds good to me, as I am about to really start building up my truck

3. Big75

Big75 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

I think it would be worth it for the guys that live in high population cities (300k+). I live out in the boonies and won't do me much good. I'd say go for it though.

4. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I agree. I too live in a small town but it would be good for big areas like DFW, LA Basin, SF Bay Area, etc.

5. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Well, the concept is web-based so items can be shipped, like radios, nav equipment, etc.

The concept of vendor submissions would be similar to ebay where things are bid for and then sent through the mail or some form of ground-based transport.

6. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I think it's a great idea Steve.:great:

7. ChevyFan

Need more feedback. Two issues at hand.

1) User-to-user Auction System. Would you buy, sell, trade, barter with others on GMTC is there were a better auction system online?

2) Product search auction - eBay like. Would you look at products and services in a better (eBay-style) auction system that was just about GM products with a heavy focus on Chevy Trucks and SUVs? So you could look at new OEM parts, new major manufacturer aftermarket parts, major manufacturer replacement parts and small manufacturer aftermarket parts. -- This would cover everything from wipers to tires to radios to bumpers and winches.

8. groceryman

groceryman Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Both sound good i use ebay now for some truck parts i think it would be a better place to do it here.

9. ProzacKid

ProzacKid Rockstar 100 Posts

Give us an example of what it would look like. I think the concept sounds good.

10. Chevyboy96

Chevyboy96 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Sounds Like A Great Idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:great: