all terrain reccomendations

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by RATRODKING, Aug 25, 2009.

1. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

i currently have goodyear tracker radials on my 1990 chevy k-1500 4x4.
    265-75-16.
    bad wet traction, passenger car looking tread design, and i am looking for an all terrain tire that dont cost too much, has a cool tread design and wont be too load on the highway, and will get me 30-40k miles on them before replacing.
    been looking at either bf goodrich all terrain T/A KO, or bridgestone A/T Revo 2.
    what would you guys recommend ?
    i dont do any mudding, but sometimes go in dirt/gravel to go fishing with my little jon boat, and want a better looking tire and wet traction.

thanks guys.

leonard

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I've used the BFG KO's and like them alot. Good grip and tolerable noise level. I don't think you can go wrong with them.

For puncture resistance I recently went with a set of the Wrangler MTR's. Extra Kevlar belt to hold the sharp stuff at bay. Very loud on the highway, but I spend alot of time off road in the work truck.

3. tattooed4life

tattooed4life Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm running a set of Nitto Terra Grapplers and can't say enough about them. I have just about 50,000 out of them and plenty of tread to go. I would say these have been the best tires I have bought yet.

4. Jimbo74

Jimbo74 Rockstar 100 Posts

i just bought the nitto a/ts for my truck and i love em

5. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I bought a set of General Grabber AT2's in March of this year and love them! They're pretty aggressive, and have great traction. The only thing, when I was getting them, one guy said they were being discontinued. Not sure if it's true or not, but if so, they might be hard to find.

6. Jimmiee

Jimmiee Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

You can't go wrong with the BFGs. They are quiet considering the tread and proven on and off road.

7. RATRODKING

RATRODKING Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks for all the input guys, i appreciate it.
    i am leaning toward the bf goodrich, but will keep searching before i buy.

leonard

8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts