1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

All you audio people out there....I need your help!

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 2011laserblue, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Cujonaut

Cujonaut New Member

I went the cheaper way with my system. It works better in a regular cab, but the sound is awesome. I bought a 500 watt sony head unit, a 300 watt Jensen amp, and apassive bazooka tube with a 6 inch subwoofer. I put the bazooka right in the middle behind the center console and attached the amp to the back panel. It sounds great and I only spent around $300.00. I bought the bazooka without an amp since I already had the Jensen amp, but you can buy them with an amp included to save on space.
  2. zigger215

zigger215 Member 2 Years 500 Posts

Where did you find a 500 watt headunit? That's huge!? 99.9999% of headunits are 50x4 watts..
  3. lquattro04

lquattro04 Rockstar

Just out of suriosty... whats you set up? Which model kickers and what box (or if its custom made)?

The reason I'm asking is because I have a 12" L7 that i had in my last truck and I wasn't going to spend money on a new set of subs just so they would be hidden under the seats. My problem is the mounting depth on mine is damn deep that it won't fit under the seat let alone with the box. My shop said I could weld brackets and raise my back seats up, but that would look dumb in my opinion. Plus I don't want people hitting their heads off of the roof of my cab haha.

The only other thing I could think of was to take out the 60/40 bench seat and replace the 60 with another 40 leaving me without a middle seat, which is fine, then I'd have a custom box made to sit in between them. However, I can't find the right parts online anywhere because obviously they only make the 40 to be on the passenger side. I'm sure I could fix it with a little modding, but I don't want to drop cash and find out it can't be done.

Anyone have any insight on this?

Thanks guys!
  4. zigger215

You can fit that sub under your rear seat if you have a 99-2007 extended cab. I have two L7 10s under my seat. You will have to stay with a sealed box (they are much more musical) and the box has to be a custom made up firing box. The L7 sub is a great driver for these trucks because they are about the mac you can fit under a seat.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

And even with that you are only getting between 14-22 watts RMS out of the best head units...
  6. zigger215

I'm thinking 500 watts was a typo. But I agree. Very small and inefficient headunits.