1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Aloha from Hawaii

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by SlaphappY, Oct 11, 2009.

1. SlaphappY

SlaphappY New Member

Just wanted to introduce myself. I am the new owner of a 01 1500. It was an old work truck and has just rolled over 100k. I'll be performing an minor tune up (new fluids, filters, belts, and plugs) just to reset the schedule. Any inputs as to what to look for are greatly appreciated. I bought the truck primarily to be a toy hauler. With the smaller v8 and a manual tranny, sounds like a match made in heaven even with only a single cab. current probs, include the lights out with the dash, however the dummy lights work so I am hopeful it is only the fuse. Radio head and speakers were stolen and have been replaced with the worlds cheapest ones. that is about it. I'm hoping to swap the stock wheels with something a bit more agressive to change this from a work truck to a proper 4x4 and maybe a small 2" body lift. I know I could easily throw money into this to make it my dream baha truck, but that is reserved for my race bike. Lookin forward to learning frrom this forum Cheers.
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Oh, you have to post some pics from your location!

:sign0016:
  3. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Aloha, from a wannabe islander! Who doesn't love the islands eh? A quick plug for one of my favorite places to eat on Ohau, "You Hungry?" a plate lunch heaven over on Kapiolani Blvd near the Convention Ctr.

What to look for? If there was one thing to keep an eye out for with a 100k truck I would say; cooling system. Radiator, hoses, tstat. Flush every other year and keep coolant in it.

Welcome to the site. Hope to see pics and posts from you soon.:glasses:
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  4. Eddie Z71

Eddie Z71 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Hi, and welcome to the site!:great:
  5. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  6. dsrtne1

dsrtne1 Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

Welcome to the site!
    :great:
  7. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome from the cold MI state, look fwd to seeing some great pics!
  8. SlaphappY

SlaphappY New Member

Thanks for the info! Gotta love the plate lunch. Personnally I could live off of steak plates!
  9. SlaphappY

SlaphappY New Member

Put some pics up under a album named 'Feeling the Aloha' Enjoy
  10. GMPartsClub

GMPartsClub Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts GMTC Sponsor