1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Alright Everybody, Listen Up, I Need Help!! Quickly!

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by DrakeC504, Sep 26, 2012.

1. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

I Recently Perchased A Rough Country 3" Lift and I Already Have The Rough Country Leveling kit Installed. My Question Is That Can I Keep Both The Leveling Kit And The Lift On And Not Have To Go With New Front Shocks, Like This Place Told Me? They Usually Dont Know What They Are Talking About Because They Send Out Their Vihicles To Get Work Done.

If I Do Need New Front Shocks, Which Kind Do Ya'll Prefer?
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member 1000 Posts

The short answer is yes you will need new shocks. The reason is you are extending the shock out away from the body. By doing this the limiting factor of wheel articulation will be your shocks. What I mean by that is your shocks will be completely extended and "supporting" the weight of your axle.
  3. sfdefender24

sfdefender24 New Member

as aloxdaddy said, you will need new shocks. i would personally look into bilstein but you could also check out king. But whatever you do, DO NOT but rough country shocks, they are complete garbage.
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member 1000 Posts

Monroe or Bilstein are my preferences. I'm currently running Bilsteins...
  5. DrakeC504

DrakeC504 New Member

Alright Thanks, I Get My Truck Back Tomorrow, Will Be Sure To POst Some Pictures
  6. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

hate to burst your bubble but you will do more harm then good with stacking a leveling kit with the 3" lift. you angles will be pretty much maxed out with the lift and the leveling kit will just make this worst. if you want 5" of lift your better of selling the two kits and get the 5" you will be happy with it and your truck will thank you