alternative upgrade headlights/foglights to silverstar ultras

Discussion in 'Chevy Trailblazer Forum (GMC Envoy)' started by jeff618, Jul 8, 2011.

1. jeff618

jeff618 Member

Finally gave up on silverstar ultras...burn out too fast and its too much work to keep changing them. Tried solux upgrade bulbs instead. Installed them for low-beam, high-beam and fog lights and really like them a lot. They claim same life hours as OEM standards and 2x-4x longer than the ss ultras. Definitely brighter and daylight color. High-beams are unbelievably awesome.

2. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Let us know how they work out, these could be a good alternative to people who don't want/ need HIDs.

3. jeff618

jeff618 Member

Will do - I've never been a guy to MacGyver OEM engineering too much...always seems to backfire on me. I liked these because its a simple upgrade. I drove in the country a lot at night this weekend and again, I'm super happy with the solux color and brightness. I can see like crazy yet I've never been flashed by oncoming traffic yet. Good stuff.

4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

you should post some pics of the lights

5. jeff618

jeff618 Member

I will try to stop sometime at night and snap a pic. I'm not sure if it will do it justice though because they're not the white/blue color, they're just more bold or brilliant than standard bulbs. They're not those tuner bulbs that are more for impressing other people than they are for better lighting. The road really does look the color it looks in daylight...hard to explain but really the best explanation. At any rate, I drove a lot of country nighttime driving this past weekend again (play in a band) and really like the improvement.