alw

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by alw, Sep 19, 2010.

1. alw

alw New Member

Hi Guy's

2006 Chevy Silverado lt extended cab 4.8 I bought new. I have a loud humming noise from front end and I just put brand new tires on yesterday and replaced both front wheel bearings and this noise will not go away. I have jacked up rear end with the wheels off ground and pushed it and found no noise like from universal joints etc. and now I am at a total loss on what to look for now. This noise gets more pronounced the faster I go.:neutral: I am also new to the site and belong to motorcycle sites also for my bikes which help is great and hopefully this site will help as I am sure it will

Thanks

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome aboard. I'm not sure what it is, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help you. Good luck.

3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. Is your truck 2wd or 4X4 and how many miles on it?

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

X2.. once we know we will be able to help more!

5. alw

alw New Member

4 wheel drive extended cab

---------- Post added at 04:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:36 PM ----------

4 wheel drive 117,000 miles

6. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sounds like the Front differential needs to be checked out.

7. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

When was the last time the front differential was serviced/checked? I know this sounds funny but ALOT of people forget to service/check the front differentail. I change my front diff. fluid every year because it does get used several times a week.

8. alw

alw New Member

by me never but when it has been for service and fluid checks I figured it would be checked. I will check. Thanks

9. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

This sounds like it could be your problem,welcome to the club!

10. alw

alw New Member

I have to put another wheel bearing assembly in again,one that chevy replaced a while ago I wonder if they will stand behind there product??? That's now going to be 3 new bearings Hmmmm!!