1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Always use the right tool!

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by bry2500, May 23, 2009.

1. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

My kids wanted to start a garden this year so I set a section of yard aside and tilled up the grass. I ran into a boulder with the tiller. I tried everything to split the rock finally I drilled some holes in the rock and with some chain, a large punch, 1/2 allen wrench and a Chevy truck I got the job done.

Sorry about the picture quality all I had was my crummy cell phone.

Attached Files:

2. 2Kbowtie

2Kbowtie New Member

watch out! if you are digging that deep, you might find a body or two in there.....Might even find a ford burried there.....:gasp:
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Like a rock, even when you have to pull one. That is cool as heck, all I ever used my 2500HD for was ripping out shrubs around the house. We never had any boulders to pull around the yard, but your pictures make me want to go find a boulder and try and pull it around. Great pictures Bryan! :party:
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Thats awesome man. What kinda garden your kids want to do? I wish there was something like that I could do. I have to wait for a hurricane to come and knock down some trees, but then I get to use the good ole John Deere!
  5. 1st Synthetics

1st Synthetics New Member 1000 Posts

Very nice use of your truck.
  6. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

An organic vegetable garden. We're planting corn,carrots, watermelon, pumpkins, and a few other things that I can't remember.
  7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Active Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Fred Flinstone would be proud!:lol:
  8. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 New Member 1000 Posts

Thats cool. My dad likes to grow a little bit of everything. We have tomatoes, lemons, parsley, mayhaws, and a few other things here and there. We used to do corn, okra, beans, potatoes, strwberries, blackberries, and blueberries.

Good luck on the garden though, I'm sure the kids will have fun.
  9. JTS

JTS New Member

Take a masonary blade around the center stick in a steel wedge or a chisel and beat it into two eaiser pieces. Or just drag it where you want to. I think it looks cool dragging behind the truck.
    JTS
  10. CarpenterGuy

CarpenterGuy New Member

i've got tomatoes, okra, corn, squash, zucini, cantelope, cucumpers, bell peppers, egg plant, and hot peppers.